Wild Horse Sanctuary
Wild horses in a pasture
Our effort is to have one field trip per month throughout the year. Opportunities are shared with parents through our ParentSquare communication system and the SVA Teachers. These trips are an excellent opportunity to meet other families and to expose your children to a wide variety of educational experiences in our communities.
SVA covers the cost of most field trips. It is important that parents attend the trips that they sign up for or notify our Field Trip Coordinator if they are unable to attend so we can fill spots with students from the waiting list. When a family consistently signs up for a trip but does not attend, they may lose the privilege of attending field trips and/or asked to pay the cost of the unused tickets or event fees.
Field Trip Protocol:
In an effort to minimize field trip no-shows this year, the following field trip procedures will be implemented:
- All notices for SVA field trips will be sent to families via our ParentSquare communication application.
- Field Trip signups are sent out with an RSVP feature in ParentSquare or with a link to a SignUpGenius sign-up option. https://www.signupgenius.com/ The sign up will be sent to parents at 6 p.m. on the date referenced in the notice announcing the field trip.
- Field trips are open to all Shasta View Academy families. Most trips include attendance by one parent and the SVA students. There is a disclaimer section of each field trip notification with specific parameters (i.e. appropriate grade levels, cost for additional family, non-SVA family members, etc.). It is important that families read these.
- Most field trips are planned to span multiple grade levels in order to accommodate entire families. On occasion, a trip may be restricted to specific grade levels due to the trip vendor, the field trip location, or the nature of the activity.
- A reminder email will be sent to families who signed up for the trip through ParentSquare or SignUpGenius 1 week prior to field trip date with details.
- If you have signed up for a trip and cannot attend it is important that you contact the field trip coordinator to cancel your reservation. Each trip has a waiting list and we will fill vacated spots with families on the waiting list.
If you do not attend and do not contact the field trip coordinator you will be placed on a no-show list. Families who are placed on the no-show list will have to reimburse the school for the cost of the tickets and, if repeated, it may lose field trip attendance privileges.
Current List of Field Trips: Most current list will be at this link. http://bit.ly/SVAFieldTrips